1. Tell us who you are and where you’re from.: Rick Mulhall – Leeds, Celine Hispiche – London, David Ball – Blackpool, Terry Neale – Wales.
2. Describe your music.: Electro Punk!
3. Tell us how the band formed in three sentences.: Celine tracked down Dave and proposed a collaboration. He introduced Rick and Terry. Nitewreckage was born.
4. What did you do before you were in a band?: Celine – I was singing acapella and performing comedy and cabaret. I had opened for the likes of Harry Hill and Marc Almond. Rick and Terry were making music for TV and had also worked with the likes of Ian Dury and the Blockheads, whilst Dave was in the very successful bands Soft Cell and the Grid and has become a renowned producer / remixer.
5. List the first CDs/records each of you bought.: Celine – The Muppet Show, Massive Attack, Bad Manners, Grace Jones, Loose Ends.
Dave – Back Home by the England World Cup Squad, Love Grows Where My Rosemary Goes by Edison Lighthouse, Metal Guru by T-Rex, Jean Genie by David Bowie, Paranoid by Black Sabbath.
Rick – White Horses by Michael Carr, Maggie May by Rod Stewart, Come Up And See Me by Cockney Rebel, Loop Di Love by Shag, Ziggy Stardust by David Bowie.
Terry – Jeepster and Hot Love by T-Rex, The Good the Bad and The Ugly, Hugo Montenegro, Deep Purple Live in Japan, Starman by David Bowie.
6. What’s the band up to over the next few months?: Well the album, Take Your Money And Run, is released on June 6th. We’ll be playing at the 1234 Festival in Shoreditch on July 9th, and hopefully will be out and about gigging in the autumn to promote it. We’ll be releasing another single from it around that time, currently deciding which track – what do you think? So once that is done there’ll be videos to make, photo shoots to do and so on.
7. Best item of fan mail you’ve ever received?: We were described by someone who was at the Splendour Festival in Nottingham as ‘the hidden gem of the festival’, which was very nice.. What music do you have on repeat in the tourbus? : We just take out our own CD collections so it’s random and always changing.
9. What gear do you use?: An Electron Hammer, Kaos Pad, Theramin, Yamaha DTX12 kit.
10. What’s your best on-tour story?: We stayed in a hotel in Bielefeld, Germany, en route to the M’era Luna Festival in Germany, and when we got there it was literally packed with dolls that looked worryingly like Chucky. We got out of that place in a hurry……scary !
11. What do you demand on your rider?: We try not to be too outlandish! Meals, booze, nibbles, the left fingers only of a kitkat! We are grateful for what we get when we get to a gig.
12. What’s your website?: http://www.celineandnitewreckage.com/